Monday 27 November 2006

the technological oaf

A big THANKS to the welcome wagon in the comments section, to Leigh, Leigh, Maria (long time no speak! are you still in the ad business?), Rob, David, Dwight, Kelly, Ms Phoenix, Antonio, Smoky man. It reminds me of when I used to have a letters page in the back of Bacchus. Michael, thanks for the thought but there will be no saving of the best for somewhere else. I always have enough blather in my noodle for some frantic prose here and there (Egomania magazine, all those five page articles in the comics journal a couple of years back). To Johnny, revive my old rants form the Eddiecampbellcomics.com? hmm... I'll think about that. In the meantime, for anyone who missed it, I did a couple of stretches of guest blogging earlier this year at First Second and at Powell's.com for a whole week. And while you're at Powells', make sure you've seen the illustrrated Q&A i did there. Click on the first panel to put it in the slide show window for best effect.

As Johnny mentioned above, I used to have a good website back in 2000-2002, but i misplaced it, much to the annoyance of Chris Breach, who was running it. I've already confessed my sins to the whole world on that account. Here is Breach berating me for letting the Url go just because I was too stingy to pay the 83 dollars (or whatever it was) to renew it. This is the Spanish version.
An interesting side-anecdote to this event can be found here. I don't think Ryan knows I've read that.

Anyway, it was Breach who provided the title to this post when he recently berated me yet again, this time for watching a podcast and not saving it and now no one can find the bloody thing. And that was what he said in English. I don't know how the Spanish would go.

So, i'm a technological oaf. The whole world knows it. Here I am falling out with my computer. This is from the Italian version. The mouse did not stand a chance.

I showed that wee bastard who's in charge.

in the Scottish version.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

Hi there. I quite liked your posts so far... This one reminded me of the "MySpace" song by Mitch Benn, which you can find here:
http://www.myspace.com/mitchbenn
Good luck with the bloggy demon.
Nathalie

28 November 2006 at 08:51:00 GMT-5  
Blogger heywassupman said...

I do know you've read it now! I'm a little embarrassed because it was one of those "Eddie will never ever come across THIS" sort of posts, but I'm also glad that I almost got fired because of comics! Of all the ways to go, that is one of the best ones.

ALSO: thank you so much for the sketch you sent back with Andy! It is seriously the best ever and I can't say thanks enough.

28 November 2006 at 09:30:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Tim Hamilton said...

Yes, welcome back to the world of the internets
with all its tubes and pipes. I miss your
old web site.

Tim Hamilton

28 November 2006 at 10:22:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Aaron F. Gonzalez said...

It's fantastic that you have a blog now. It's not so fantastic that the blog means that those Alec stories I crave will be skipped since you are using all your material here!

Be kind. Save a few for the Alec fans!

28 November 2006 at 12:10:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Don't worry. There will be another autobiographical book. Not for a while.
I was just being facetious.
still, if everybody put their less urgent ideas in a blog it would unclog the Diamond Previews catalogue!

28 November 2006 at 15:00:00 GMT-5  
Blogger antonio said...

The mouse did not stand a chance.

I showed that wee bastard who's in charge.

In spanish would be like
El mouse no aguanta nada, y le enseƱo a este bastardo quien manda.

Was that the part you wanted to be translated in spanish? hahah take care!!
and THANK YOU SO MUCH for mentioning me...I am at your entire disposal anytime!!

JESUS ANTONIO

28 November 2006 at 16:10:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Jason Das said...

I'm just jumping on the welcome wagon ... spotting an rss feed is much easier than buying a book, and almost as gratifying. (And yes, I'll still buy the books, too.)

28 November 2006 at 20:14:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Lucy Anne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

28 November 2006 at 23:12:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Lucy Anne said...

Right. Let's try this again, and hope Blogger doesn't cut off the link.

This is the archived original site. So it's not so much 'lost' as you have to go digging for it.

Which is probably besides the point (not that I would be stupid enough to put words in Chris' mouth), but might be helpful if you need to look up older things.

Be well.
-la
who did find the two disks that she saved from the website circa '00-ish. Eventually.

28 November 2006 at 23:28:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Maria Pena said...

Hi Eddie
Alas, yes, still in the ad business. I remember you put me in one of your comics (the copy I had of which incidentally I have managed to lose ) depicting the time when you considered going into the illustration/storyboards biz.

I'm so glad you decided instead to continue doing your own thing... look where it's got you! I now take every opportunity to boast having once had a beer (I had it cold- Australian style, you had a Guinness) with you...

1 December 2006 at 09:14:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Maria (PEPP)
I just saw your cove on the new Phile Bentley comic Passioante Nomads. I recognized it immediately as yours, though that may have been because you had just popped up on the blog here. very nice work.

1 December 2006 at 22:16:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Maria Pena said...

oh... it's very flattering that you thought I did the cover, but that is actually Darrel Merritt's work. I am very happy with the page I submitted for the main story inside though- it's amazing what drawing every day for a living does for the old skills. As there are some old strips of mine in the book, it is interesting to see the difference between them and the recent work.

5 December 2006 at 16:44:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home