Wednesday 3 January 2007

The Pick-up Truck of Hieronymus Bosch. part 3

Thanks to the perspicacity of my pal Evans, the truck upon which we have been feasting our gaze has been identified as the work of Brisbane sculptor, Christopher Trotter. There is a page of detail close-ups at the artist's site, but I'm finding it frustrating there as we really need to both zoom in on and enlarge some those details to get a full appreciation of the job. So here we go, working from the back up the left hand side.

Stork:



in the passenger seat...



looks like Feathers McGraw:







these hood ornaments are the piece de resistance.





* * * *
That second from last is a picture of me, blowing my own trumpet.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

Looking back on this post, I think you might also enjoy this litle creature and the site it came from.
Nathalie

20 January 2007 at 05:06:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Johnny Walker said...

Wow, after coming to this post from a later one, I have to say that I really love this guy's work. Usually I hate metalwork artwork, but this stuff looks REALLY cool. I'd be very proud to drive that truck around!

So this guy is based in Australia? Anywhere near you, Eddie?

21 January 2007 at 11:19:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Yes, he's a Brisbane guy. I haven't met him, but since i posted these we've exchanged a few emails. his work is well known around the city but people would not generally know the name of the sculptor.

eddie

21 January 2007 at 21:36:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home