Sunday 9 September 2007

The end of the world, not.

Here am i am today with nothing important to say, and I went and posted twice yesterday. Why didn't I save one of them over till today? Well, you see, I had this premonition the world would end. Or as Alan Moore once said to me when he was way behind with his taxes, 'Imagine if the world ended tonight and you were hugely in arrears with your income tax. Wouldn't that be brilliant!"
So I awake today, the world is still here, and I still have to be in front of a tv camera tomorrow.

And I'm up to date with my taxes.

#*!!

(if you read this well in advance of when I meant to officailly post it, it's because the new fangled blogger put the 'return to list of posts' button too close to the 'publish post' button for all of us with 'chubby digit syndrome', as hayley campbell calls it, not to mention those of us who had three glasses of fino sherry with lunch.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nicki Greenberg said...

Those with chubby digit syndrome have got to get hold of a Wacom tablet. Go on - you'll love it.

N

9 September 2007 at 02:41:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us in Australia, whose cameras are you going before? And you will let us know when you'll be on, won't you?

9 September 2007 at 03:23:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Alec Longstreth said...

Mr. Campbell
I thought I'd utilize this momentary lapse in the flow of your blog to request a small piece of information. In December 2003 I sent you a package containing the fourth issue of my comic book, PHASE 7. This issue briefly uses your name (which you verbally gave me permission to do at the San Diego Comic Con in 2003, a conversation of which I am confident you have no recollection!)

Anyways, I believe this was during the period where you were incommunicado in Australia. The package was returned and I've held on to it all these years, hoping to still give it to you at some point at a convention or by some other means.

If I posted this again, would it reach you? Is your Paddington P.O. Box still defunct? Or has it been reactivated? Is there another P.O. Box I could send it to? My email is below, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe there is still an explanatory note buried somewhere in the envelope, from years past.

Thanks,
Alec Longstreth
alec (at) alec-longstreth.com

9 September 2007 at 08:44:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Where are the geckos when you need them...

10 September 2007 at 00:39:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

Oi! Where's the blog post, ye lazy git? You're ruining my routine.

10 September 2007 at 06:02:00 GMT-5  
Blogger mrjslack said...

At a guess, I'd say we're about due a "funny thing happened at the airport" Campbell story...

Let's wait and see. Heh.

10 September 2007 at 06:14:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Steve said...

Either that or it will be the fault of the new fangled blogger, which has lost 500 words on the ingenuity found in using cheap cotton thread in the artistic creation of a strip cartoon.

10 September 2007 at 07:44:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Steve said...

Also, just in case anyone in the UK is unaware, the Beeb have a documentary on comics starting tonight on BBC 4 at 9pm.

Clickable link.

10 September 2007 at 07:47:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home