Friday 5 October 2007

covers-Comics Journal 273

The idea was my pal White's. We argued about the way I'd worded the opening phrase, and I fixed it before Fantagrothics sent it off to the printer.
******
WALLACE AND GROMIT are to star in a new short TV film - the first since their Oscar-winning show A Close Shave over a decade ago.
Nick added: "It's nice to be out of that feature film pressure now. I don't feel like I'm making a film for a kid in some suburb of America - and being told they're not going to understand a joke or a northern saying. I'm making this for myself again and the people who love Wallace and Gromit."

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

Headline in the paper read 'A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH!' and as it was the Daily Mail they then went on to talk about Wallis and Gromit.

Rrrrrrrrubbish.

5 October 2007 at 03:47:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Weee ! A new Wallace and Gromit !

Now I am puzzled.
I have seen this drawing of yours in a book but I am pretty certain it wasn't in The Fate of the Artist. Which one was it in ?

5 October 2007 at 10:04:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

I've been working on a a tone of cartoons for a line of Night Shirts, and the changes that I've been told to make border on the ridicules. "Why dose the hand have to be green?"
"Because it's a Wizard of OZ spoof, and she's the witch."
"I don't like that the dog's mouth is black."
"It's a Great Dane. They have black mouths. Dog lovers will see that it's wrong."
"I don't care. Take it out."
"Okay, it's your money."
Nice people, but not the most willing to listen to reason.

You still haven't seen Corps Bride yet, have you? It's every bit as good as W&G, just in a different way. Not that W&G didn't deserve an Oscar, but Corps Bride deserved it just a little bit more, if for anything, it's originality.

6 October 2007 at 01:00:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

What? Still on Friday? I hit "refresh" and we are STILL on Friday.
Where have you gone to?

6 October 2007 at 13:36:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

That's the closest I've come to losing interest.
it's up now.

(as tha bishop said to the actress)

6 October 2007 at 18:01:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

:)
I got worried. I've grown addicted to my daily dose...

Having said that, you do not HAVE to do this everyday. It's your blog and YOU first should enjoy it.

7 October 2007 at 01:31:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home