Tuesday 20 May 2008

Rory was the first guy in the States to pick up my stuff, for his Comic Relief store (photo from their site), along with the best of the British small Press photocopied things way back as early as 1983, when Knockabout used to use to use the small oddsize booklets to pad out their shipments to Last Gasp, also in San Francisco. First time I went to the San Diego show in 1989, feeling very foreign, there was a copy of one of my books hanging up in the Comic Relief display. Rory was ahead of the rest in that way and many others. It's been good to catch up with him almost every year since then, and this year I'll miss him. My condolences to his family.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I am sorry to hear that. Rory was a good guy and built one of the best comic shops I have ever seen.

I still owed him some Vittorio Giardino p/copies as well.

21 May 2008 at 12:08:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best shop I ever been to. Rory gave me some hints while I was there.

4 June 2008 at 10:24:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home