Thursday 30 October 2008

the final of four podcasts for Alex Fitch's panel borders series should be up for downloading. I'm pleased that I've managed to avoid all my sound bites in this one. I even start to get worked up about stuff. The wife of my bosom is away for a few days, but if she were here she'd say the following, and the only way to present it is as a Honeybee cartoon:


I tried to find the origin of the expression and this is the only sense I could come up with (scroll halfway down if you're in a hurry).

At the bottom of that page, a quote worth stealing: "mixing two metaphors, that gets up my goat." (speaker not recorded)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger miriam beetle said...

you're not still doing the thing, where if you post a new, exclusive piece of art to the blog, the first commenter to ask for it gets it, are you?

cause i love that cartoon & think it would be endlessly applicable to my life.

30 October 2008 at 20:49:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

sorry, Miriam, but the last couple of Honeybee cartoons have been digitally relettered panels from the Fate of the Artist. This is a wheeze that occurred to me quite late in the day, but i figure I can reletter a panel from in there to cover every possible eventuality.
best
Eddie

31 October 2008 at 00:52:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

I thought the foo foo valve had been a expression invented by my ex-boss!
When he left on retirement, I had a team of engineers designing what they thought the valve might look like, while I worked out stories as to why they had been thus named.
I think I am a bit disappointed that he had not invented the whole thing after all...

31 October 2008 at 01:56:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home