Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Two pieces of movie news from my pal Lee Slattery:

Fox sues over 'Watchmen (The Hollywood reporter- Feb 12, 2008)
20th Century Fox has initiated a legal battle against Warner Bros. over the rights to develop, produce and distribute a film based on the graphic novel "Watchmen." On Friday, the studio sued Warners, claiming it holds the exclusive copyrights and contract rights to "Watchmen."...

Coens speak 'Yiddish' for Columbia (Variety-feb 11))
For their next collaboration, the "No Country for Old Men" team of Joel and Ethan Coen and producer Scott Rudin will transfer another Pulitzer Prize-winning author's work into a film.
Columbia Pictures has acquired screen rights to the bestselling Michael Chabon novel "The Yiddish Policemen's Union," with the Coens writing, directing and producing with Rudin....



Blogger Hayley said...


That's brilliant.

Even if I find a cockroach in my cheese sandwich at lunch I'll still consider this a good news day.

12 February 2008 at 4:48:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger HemlockMan said...

I haven't read that one, yet.

I adore the work of the Coen Brothers. They're wonderful filmmakers.

12 February 2008 at 9:28:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Brad Weber said...

Last I heard, the Brothers were set on a Western (details here). How quickly thing change.

Good to have you back, sir. Now I can resume my regularly scheduled programming.

13 February 2008 at 12:48:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home