Friday 29 February 2008


***********
Vitamin E gives you LUNG CANCER!!! - BBC- 28 feb 2008-
Taking high doses of vitamin E supplements can increase the risk of lung cancer, research suggests. The researchers followed people aged between 50 and 76 for four years and looked at their average daily use of vitamin C and folic acid, and vitamin E supplements. Over the course of the study, 521 people developed lung cancer. Smoking, family history and age all had unsurprisingly strong links to cancer risk. And while neither vitamin C or folic acid use had any effect on lung cancer risk, vitamin E use did.
The position on these things changes so rapidly that in the sidebar we can still see the previous one: 2 sept 2006-Low vitamin E linked to asthma
Expectant mums should ensure they get enough vitamin E as low levels during pregnancy increase the risk of asthma in the unborn child, UK experts say. Children of mothers who had the lowest intake were over five times more likely to have asthma than peers whose mothers had the highest vitamin E intakes. Vitamin E has a beneficial effect on the developing lung, the University of Aberdeen researchers believe.
(observed by Hayley campbell)
This expert says: Beware the Snooter, grim omen of doom.
**********
The Watchmen script: ““I actually read the script before reading the comic book and I thought it was awesome... Then I read the comic book and it’s great. The little bits that have been added define it so much more." (via Heidi)
You have been warned.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Peeboo said...

Isn't Gerard Butler talking about the 'Tales Of The Black Freighter' script?

29 February 2008 at 23:34:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

The SNOOTER! Cute little pesky devil he is.

1 March 2008 at 03:51:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Erik Halverson said...

i think this makes it even more exciting:
"They’re going to do it in the style of a Japanese anime and I’m totally stoked."

1 March 2008 at 11:07:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

Effin' anime. I'm reading no more. And yes, I think he's talking about the 'Tales of the Black Freighter' script, not the Watchmen.

1 March 2008 at 11:21:00 GMT-5  
Blogger James Robert Smith said...

The Watchmen script: ““I actually read the script before reading the comic book and I thought it was awesome... Then I read the comic book and it’s great. The little bits that have been added define it so much more."

Shit.

1 March 2008 at 20:15:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

I am happy to say that this painting of the snooter hangs, framed, to the side of my bed, where it can glower at me as I sleep. Hayley, thank you. Ever time I talk about how most manga doesn't make any sense, people act like they're going to lynch me. I've been told off many times, including the old, "Why don't you try reading some before you talk" bit. The thing is, I have. I've suffered through lots of it, so that I can talk about it if need be.

1 March 2008 at 20:19:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Peeboo said...

Eddie, Mike Sterling has a nice little piece on the Watchman costume pics:
http://www.progressiveruin.com/index.html

7 March 2008 at 06:28:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home