Monday, 24 November 2008

that young punk Callum Campbell has painted himself into a corner. Hey, I never got a shot at an actual big canvas when I was still at high school.

Mystery piano in woods perplexes police
Was it a theft? A prank? A roundabout effort to bring some holiday cheer to the police? Authorities in Harwich, Massachusetts, are probing the mysterious appearance of a piano, in good working condition, in the middle of the woods.
Also of note: Near the mystery piano -- serial number 733746 -- was a bench, positioned as though someone was about to play.
(link via Minty Moore)



Blogger Shah said...

Hi there Eddie,

I'm sorry that this is off-topic, but is there any way I can get in contact with you regarding some commisioned work? Or is that something you don't do? It's a musical project inspired by your work, and I would be in awe if I could hire you to do one or two illustrations for it. I'd e-mail you, but I can't find your contact information anywhere.

If you don't hate the idea, then maybe you can drop me a line at and I can explain it further? Either way you can delete this comment if you'd like, I'm sure you prefer your readers to keep things on topic!



24 November 2008 at 10:20:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley said...

Wee nyaff.

On another note, word verification today says 'SHHITE'

24 November 2008 at 11:52:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Phil said...

25 November 2008 at 12:28:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

He does a nice head of Medusa, strangely enough...

25 November 2008 at 8:34:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous brad weber said...

Or is it Orpheus?

Either way, nicely done.

25 November 2008 at 5:17:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

It's wee cal himself, based on VR Morrison's The decadent Morsels 2

( a school art class assignment, self- portrait styled on the work of a well known artist)

25 November 2008 at 7:03:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger MarkSullivan said...

So, your son's an artist. If there is a god, I'd wager he/she's having a good laugh.

26 November 2008 at 10:23:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home