Monday 24 November 2008

that young punk Callum Campbell has painted himself into a corner. Hey, I never got a shot at an actual big canvas when I was still at high school.


***********
Mystery piano in woods perplexes police
Was it a theft? A prank? A roundabout effort to bring some holiday cheer to the police? Authorities in Harwich, Massachusetts, are probing the mysterious appearance of a piano, in good working condition, in the middle of the woods.
Also of note: Near the mystery piano -- serial number 733746 -- was a bench, positioned as though someone was about to play.
(link via Minty Moore)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Shah said...

Hi there Eddie,

I'm sorry that this is off-topic, but is there any way I can get in contact with you regarding some commisioned work? Or is that something you don't do? It's a musical project inspired by your work, and I would be in awe if I could hire you to do one or two illustrations for it. I'd e-mail you, but I can't find your contact information anywhere.

If you don't hate the idea, then maybe you can drop me a line at astarmarket@gmail.com and I can explain it further? Either way you can delete this comment if you'd like, I'm sure you prefer your readers to keep things on topic!

Regards,

Sha

24 November 2008 at 10:20:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

Wee nyaff.

On another note, word verification today says 'SHHITE'

24 November 2008 at 11:52:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_piano

25 November 2008 at 00:28:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

He does a nice head of Medusa, strangely enough...

25 November 2008 at 08:34:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or is it Orpheus?

Either way, nicely done.

25 November 2008 at 17:17:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

It's wee cal himself, based on VR Morrison's The decadent Morsels 2

http://www.ssfa.com.au/exhibitions/39/art/2684/

( a school art class assignment, self- portrait styled on the work of a well known artist)

25 November 2008 at 19:03:00 GMT-5  
Blogger MarkSullivan said...

So, your son's an artist. If there is a god, I'd wager he/she's having a good laugh.

26 November 2008 at 10:23:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home