Friday 26 June 2009

the problem with having a standing google alert for my name is that I've got to be constantly reminded of this bastard who is doing more with his life than I've been doing lately:


If only I could cut a swaggering figure in the world like this one here:


Instead, I am this indigestible lump:


The Inkstuds interrogation is here. If you think that's cranky, just you come round here and I'll give you cranky!

Men At Work's Down under 'ripped off' Kookaburra
ONE'S a pub classic, belted out at top volume by tipsy patrons around closing time. The other is a more dignified affair, a favourite of youth choirs and choral groups. Now, as unlikely as it seems, the classic children's ditty Kookaburra and the Men At Work hit Down Under are set to go head-to-head in court amid accusations part of the rock anthem is a rip off.
These idiots can bugger off. I'm sure the lady who wrote the old song, who i think died in 1988 was probably quite happy to see it quoted like that, an indication that it's part of the musical currency of her country. It's when Art becomes the property of accountants that this happens. But having said that, I cannot say that some of my fellow artists are not idiots too.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger David C said...

I'm a racist senior manager and a guy who murdered his step son. Warms the cockles.

27 June 2009 at 01:00:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Matthew Adams said...

When I google my name I find 2 other matthew adams who are illustrators/cartoonists in Australia, and in fact when I took my portfolio down to sydney one of the publishers told me that they thought it was a bit strange since they had just published a book by me, why did they need to see my portfolio. The Courier Mail, when I was working for them, kept recieving postcards from one of the other bastards, and people started wondering why the quality of "my" work on the postcards was so good, and my editorial illustrations so bad.

27 June 2009 at 17:36:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Hayley Campbell said...

Matthew Adams has amused me and so have you.

28 June 2009 at 07:21:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Kevin H said...

The inkstuds interview was brilliant, and like a whole philosophy of life could be found in it, and the pauses after he asked yet another question about "comics" were wonderful! I loved it.

29 June 2009 at 20:32:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

arf. thanks, Kevin. I'll allow your assessment to overshadow the other one.

1 July 2009 at 19:19:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home