Wednesday 22 July 2009

goat's crowning as king of Ireland in doubt
DUBLIN (Reuters) – The annual crowning of a goat as king of Ireland at one of the country's oldest fairs is in doubt after organizers said the heir to the throne may be stopped from traveling to the festival.
Traditionally a male goat is caught in the mountains of Kerry in southern Ireland and paraded through the town of Killorglin where he reigns for the three days of Puck Fair, a centuries-old festival of drinking, music and dancing.
Locals may have to desperately trek the nearby hills after this year's chosen animal from the Northern Ireland town of Ballycastle could only get a four-day license for the trip south of the border.
(Goat from a panel in Bacchus)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Does the goat enjoy this?

By the way I gather you won't be attending that big blow up even the Comic-Con this year. I'll be there but due to my cancer treatment I'll be covered up and not attending too many panels. One thing however I do enjoy about attending the con is the fact that always some one remembers me as an actress. I did a few tiny , parts so small that they;re not worth mentioning but someone always comes up to me and says they recognize me. It's rather funny, I had a stage name,

Great goat drawing!

23 July 2009 at 00:00:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

and you're not telling us the stage name so I can google it?

23 July 2009 at 00:10:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Yoga Gal said...

You're funny, that was in my past and as I said the roles I played were so small I barely made a credit. Still, it's rather strange living in this town of West Hollywood once in a while I'll get a smile and wave from actor or actress but this is always followed by a confused look on their face, makes me feel like the Lone Ranger :'Who was that mask man?" By the way, will you be at the ComicCon? Your pal Neil will be there Won't be able to attend his panel though for I'll be attending another event at the same time.

23 July 2009 at 00:27:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Oh, I was acting before google dear, know they won't have it.

23 July 2009 at 00:28:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home