Wednesday 19 August 2009

i have just finished working my way through all five seasons of the utterly marvellous Boston Legal, and something has now gone out of my life because there will never be a new episode to sit down to in the evening. I think it may very well be my favourite tv show of all time. My Talisker that Hayley Campbell sent has also run out coincidentally at the same time. I have nothing to say here today.

Let me just clear out my drafts folder:

Brock Clarke on MURIEL SPARK AND THE CASE FOR RUTHLESS AUTHORIAL MANIPULATION
For another, it teaches us that, in writing such a self-conscious book, one must constantly make sure that the novel is leading us toward something beyond its own artifice.

In other news:
LONDON (Reuters) – Visitors to London always have to be on the look out for pickpockets, but now there's another, more positive phenomenon on the loose -- putpockets.
Aware that people are suffering in the economic crisis, 20 former pickpockets have turned over a new leaf and are now trawling London's tourist sites slipping money back into unsuspecting pockets.
Anything from 5 pounds to 20 pound notes is being surreptitiously deposited in unguarded pockets or open handbags in Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and other busy spots.

There's even a little picture in this here drafts folder. I can no longer remember what i intended to do with it or even whether I've already posted it.


Which reminds me, I noticed recently there's now a band named The Eyeball Kid. I bet mine goes back before any of them were born.
Eyeball Kid is a powerhouse teen band that just won the 14th annual WBCN-Berklee College of Music Battle of the High School Bands competition, beating 100 others for the prize.(24 April 2008)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Adams said...

The bottom set of eyes on the picture remind me slightly of john howard.

20 August 2009 at 00:09:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Boston Legal was something extremely special. I didn't dig the last episode though. All those stars through out the years, and they couldn't find a way to have them all in the same room together. What were they thinking?

20 August 2009 at 09:22:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Sam said...

I still have the whole last season to watch, and I know I will miss it.
It actually surprises me it's your favorite show, I don't know many people who like it.

21 August 2009 at 12:02:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

That putpocket story is completely surrealist. On a similar note, some people are leaving poems in public places...

22 August 2009 at 02:41:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home