Friday 13 November 2009

We were driven from Florence to Lucca at night. When we woke up we saw this view of rolling olive groves from our hotel window. I have another photo, quite striking, of Anne standing naked in the frame of the window in the morning glow. As she heard the click of the shutter she said, without turning, something to the effect that if it appeared on the blog I would be toast.


At the Lucca comics festival. 'lospaziobianco' filmed me doing a sketch. As you can see, I realised I'd drawn Gull's arm too long and tried to fix it by stretching the legs. Once after drawing my pal White, he complained that I'd made him look fat. I told him I'd fix it by making his head bigger. These are the, ahem, secrets of the trade.



Three more photos from Lucca, including me and local boy Giacomo Puccini:





Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Adams said...

Not a bad fate for an artist

13 November 2009 at 20:52:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous mateo said...

that video of you drawing was just great. thank you for that.

19 November 2009 at 02:23:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home