Friday 22 July 2011

This should be out on September 1st. I have my advance copy. Charlie Kochman at Abrams Arts commissioned me to write an intro and I barged in and wrote an 'overview' and made all the selections too. So I'm rather proud of it. It's the best of Will Eisner's PS magazine. 272 pages on coated stock, all in full colour. This is what Eisner was doing after the Spirit and before A Contract With God. Previous attempts to publish selections of the material have failed to properly address the style and art in the manner that I, as a felllow artist, would have liked. So I've tried to put things right with this one. (amazon)



Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie, you've just guaranteed that I'll buy this book. It looks lovely, and very reasonably priced too.

David Simpson

22 July 2011 at 06:30:00 GMT-5  
Blogger bob said...

Been looking forward to this for a while, and am delighted that you muscled your way into a far more active role than just an introduction. Looks even better than I expected.

22 July 2011 at 16:30:00 GMT-5  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Looks good!

24 July 2011 at 13:55:00 GMT-5  
Blogger laseraw said...

i've been looking forward to this for years!!!!

18 September 2011 at 14:54:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home