Saturday 15 October 2011

If I were in Manchester I would go to this exhibition of the work of Adolphe Valette. He was a French painter in the Impressionist style who made his home in Manchester, England. If he is remembered at all It's for having befriended and influenced local art hero L S Lowry. Thus the title of yesterday's Guardian article, Exhibition for 'Monet of Manchester' who inspired Lowry, in which our artist is an unknown location, pinpointed in ideaspace by using three other proper names as coordinates.


Valette, self portrait circa 1917.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous mateo said...

That interesting last sentence has got me thinking.

I love your work, but cannot help myself from imaging an obituary headline in which the only proper noun reads...

"From Hell".

16 October 2011 at 12:58:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home