Sunday 20 July 2008

Unsung hero...

at the Stafford City 2.10 showing of The Dark Knight. The geezer who rushed out after a few minutes to get them to fix the screen ratio. Hey, that was Eddie Campbell. I missed what happened for a few minutes onscreen. Next time I'll just yell (it's a very polite crowd you get on a Sunday. Nobody said a word before or after.)
Great movie anyway. I wonder if they looked at our (Campbell and White, writers, Bart Sears artist) version of Gotham General, a 44 page yarn in which the Joker planted a bomb in said hospital and succeeded in blowing up part of it. But for all I know maybe he tries it on once a year. You'll find it reprinted in a Batman/Joker collection titled Going Sane, on sale at the end of this month.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Adams said...

Yeah it was a good movie, with the joker making much more scary sense then he has any other time (in my limited reading of batman). I also kinda liked the idea that batman had to Legitimise himself at the end of the movie by becoming completely illegitimate (outlawed vigilante hunted down by the police).

Maybe when you go to the cinema in the future you can don a special costume... the Cinemaestro or Mr Ratio.

20 July 2008 at 07:43:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Peeboo said...

Bloody Stafford City.

When I saw ‘Master And Commander’ there hey also had the wrong aspect ratio. I was up the back and trapped by a wall of knees. I sat there looking up at the projection box and back to the screen and then back to the projection box, using what limited mental telepathy I have to shot messages to the projectionist. Hell the oping titles where running off the top and bottom of the screen. When was the movie set, where?? Why was nobody doing anything!!

A quick mad dash to the ticket box (What’s an aspect ratio??. Oh, they are all tall and thin, Oh ok.” And I was back again. Nobody thanked me, nobody applauded and nobody really noticed.

Its nice to know that there are more of us.

20 July 2008 at 18:02:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last two times I bought superhero comics were your two Batman books, but Bart Sears art really bugged me because he did a dreadful job with the eyes in the whole issue, often leaving them completely blank (some kinda tribute to Little Annie?) Anyway, it bugged me so much I got out a pen and dotted all the eyes in my issue, and enjoyed it much more. Actually it was quite fun.

20 July 2008 at 20:56:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Johnny Walker said...

You're the type of guy I want sitting next to me in a movie theatre! Good job, man.

28 July 2008 at 15:03:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home