Monday 13 October 2008

OUR TV ADVENTURE, so far-part 6

more about the photo-shoot that produced the image I showed in part 4. The original plan was to photograph Campbell walking the dog in a variation of the photo that appears at the end of Fate of the Artist except that they are being harassed by the Snooter. To this end I drew three different versions of the Snooter, which I showed here exactly a year ago (1, 2) ( The project has indeed been going on that long!). After a couple dozen shots we decided that Monty wasn't controllable and we would be wasting a lot of time. Here's a photo of Monty taking directions:


So we switched to the new idea of Campbell with his bags of groceries (linked above). After making the composite image I was sitting waiting for the producer to come and pick up the disc. I sifted through the out-takes. One hundred and fifty photos had been taken but I wondered if we had ditched the Monty version too early. So I started to compose a second image using one of the other Snooter drawings and photos of Campbell and Monty. I think it's still too complicated for our purpose and include it here as an interesting but rejected alternate take. It also has another one of those ridiculous comic book faces you won't be seeing again any time soon.


After raising the development funding we went into an endless series of brainstorming sessions to figure out the plots and details of all the episodes, plus the ages of the characters since the source material covers a decade, with everything being constantly rejected and restarted. The wife of my bosom, who has developed a healthily skeptical attitude to Campbellian schemes over many years, made a quotable comment. I'm not sure whether it was born of sarcasm or if she just wasn't completely paying attention, but it nevertheless demands to be dressed up as a Honeybee cartoon:

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

Thanks for the giggle.
I think that picture with the snooter is excellent. It looks so menacing.

13 October 2008 at 08:21:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the wife of your bosom deserves her own show.

cheers
BS

13 October 2008 at 19:12:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie Campbell meets Cujo! What did they have to do to your dod to make him look so vicious? I agree with BS a.k.a. anonymous, your wife deserves her own show! Namaste- Geri -yoga gal

13 October 2008 at 19:49:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home